Wow! It has been way too long since I did a post! I am making it a goal this year to do at least one post a month! I know that doesn't seem like much of a goal but think about how long since I have done anything! It is a little harder to come up with stuff to blog about now that we are into our "life after the helmet"!
As I have started this new year I have thought about the many things I have to be grateful for. Here are just a few and in no particular order:
1) We didn't have to do surgery!
2) We didn't go over the allowable for physical therapy!
3) The insurance paid 90% of the helmet!
4) I have a healthy and happy 15 month old baby girl!
5) I have a healthy and happy 4 year old big girl!
6) I have a healthy and happy 9 year old boy who thinks he is an adult!
7) I have a healthy and happy 10 year old boy who changes more diapers then his big brother!
8) I have a healthy and happy 13 year old boy who doesn't complain about babysitting! (Maybe that is because he gets his little brother to change the diapers!)
9) The helmet did it's job!
10) I have a wonderful husband who loves being a dad!
11) I can kiss my baby's head!
12) Maycie's wonderful sense of humor! She is always smiling!
13) All of our family and friends who have been so helpful and supportive!
14) A good team of doctors! Especially our pediatrician who got the ball rolling in the first place!
15) My Father in Heaven who has watched over me and my family!
I know there are a few things in there that might seem silly. I included all of my children separately because I couldn't have done it without them! They were so wonderful! I know kissing her head seems silly but that was one thing that I really missed while she had her helmet. Her sense of humor was what made it all possible! I don't know if I could have handled it if she wasn't so easy going about EVERYTHING! I also know that my Father in Heaven was there with me the whole way helping me do the things I needed to do. Not to mention that He was with Maycie holding her in the palm of His hand.
I hope this is helpful and I will figure out something to write about next month! If you have an idea or a question that you think I might be able to answer let me know! I would love the help!