Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Make it Yours!


We have had so many comments on Maycie's helmet! I knew one of the things that would be hard for me with the helmet was no bows and cute stuff. I talked to a friend who makes bows to help me figure out how to put bows on the helmet. She was amazing and came up with Velcro! Don't you just love Velcro! We put the soft side on the bows so they wouldn't stick together. That way you can have a bow for every outfit just like "normal!" The other thing we did was vinyl flowers! We have gotten lot's of great comments about those too! I can't take credit for those either, my sister totally took care of them! But what I learned with the flowers is that you can do anything with vinyl! And it holds up really well to the heat they have to use to adjust the helmets. We were in for a check today and one of the flowers was in the way so he needed to take it off. He was way surprised in the trouble he had getting it off! I have talked with people who for boys have made them into "football helmets" for their favorite team! So the vinyl is good for more then just being able to do what you want it will really stand up to what you have to put the helmets through too! So I say make it yours! I would have had a bow in Maycie's hair everyday so I found a way to put a bow on her helmet! When I told someone we were going to put the flowers on they told me not to. They said it would draw attention to the helmet. I figure, it's a helmet, people are going to notice! I might as well make it cute! And for the outfits I didn't have a bow for it was still cute! And I think doing fun things makes it easier for people to talk to you about it. And for me I would rather people ask me about it then just look at my baby like there is something wrong with her. I would love to hear all the fun things you have thought of to make your baby's helmet personalized and unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment